Thursday, January 23, 2014

Maui... Day 9 of 18 Honolua and Lahiana

Wednesday, May 16, 2012


I love that the sunset is early in  Hawaii.  We have pretty much stayed on Florida time getting up early beating the crowds and hitting the bed early.    Like most people I love sitting on the lanai  having coffee and it's really nice when the sun is just rising and it's so  peaceful.   For today we decide to head out snorkeling but first we stop at the farmers market.











I left with some fresh fruit...a few papayas, mangos and baked goods.    Before we could get to Honolua, some icky clouds blew in so I made  stop at  Napili Kai Beach Resort since I had considered staying here. 







I think this is the beach for Napili Kai but I'm not sure.  


It was still drizzling so I also visited The Mauian..  I must not have taken any pictures since it was raining..  


 Next on to  Honolua...


Right in the dead center of the beach you can see the path  where we entered.. it was really tricky to get into the water.   We used this long flat rock and  I remember  sitting down and inching my way to the water and then floating out.  

The snorkeling was good.  I'm always amazed at all the different tropical fish. There's so many different colors and designs on them...they are just gorgeous..

After we were done snorkeling we went to Maui Taco for lunch.  I love this place.  The fish was sauteed ...no breading and they have a  great topping bar.    After lunch we stopped by the thrift store that was  in the same shopping center.  John bought an aloha shirt and I got a small purse.





  
Snorkeling gear... we brought our own.  I love my fins and mask and it all fits perfectly  so it was worthwhile to me to bring it.  But John needed fins... his were sooo big he didn't want to pack them and even though he's a diver he thought he could do without them. But he but changed it mind.  So we went to Snorkel Bobs in Lahaina to get him some and I think it was a big whopping  2 or 3 bucks to rent them.    So while we're there we strolled around the town.  I still recognized the Lahaina that I remembered from the 80's, but there was no Cheeseburger in Paradise back then.   I'm not talking about the restaurant but the song... It's all I could hear walking around the area and I'm so not a fan....  not in  Hawaii...  To me, it belongs  back in  Key West.  


This tree is huge, but the one at Edisons winter home in Ft Myers is also pretty  big.  





We're boaters so John always enjoys walking the docks.  




The Old Lahaina Courthouse

with the Old Jail below...



We returned to the resort and enjoyed the pool the rest of the afternoon and had happy hour appetizers and a couple drinks.  I enjoyed speaking with  some people in the hot tub.   Later after showering we walked the path and stopped at Whalers Village.  For the first time, I saw a very small child in a stroller watching a movie on his dads ipad while his father was enjoying people watching ... all the while his mother was shopping.  Such a difference from a few years ago when the kid would have been ansy and nagging to leave.    I smiled at the dad while pointing to the ipad and he laughed and said.. works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment