Friday, January 24, 2014

Oahu ... Day 12 of 18 Pearl Harbor and walking Kalalaua to the Elks Lodge.

Saturday,  May 19, 2012

My last time here was in the late 70’s.  It sure has changed and for the better.  We arrived very early without a reservation but it was no problem. We skipped the Sub but  included Big Mo on our ticket.    I think we had about an hour to look at the exhibits and needed every minute.  I enjoyed it all as the exhibits are informative and interesting.  They explained what the attack was like for different sectors of people.  Again, it was so well done!  After watching the movie we took the shuttle to the memorial.













A Huge one of these is in downtown Sarasota ...close to where I live

I didn’t expect to enjoy the  Missouri as much as a I did.   Don’t  skip the guided tours… these people are phenomenal and have great stories to tell.   Heres a video on the actual signing of the Peach Treaty on the Mighty Mo..  It was so nice to watch since the event was thorougly explained on the tour.  I had no idea that this existed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh57jkS0Vaw





After Pearl Harbor we zipped over to the Aloha stadium to the flea market, but most vendors were closing up early.  So I didn’t even get out of the car, but didn’t really matter as I was dead tired.

Back to the condo  for a short rest and  then to The Tropics Lounge at HHV to see Henry Kapono who was only there for a couple hours today. After one crappy mixed drink I switched back to my wine and pretty much stayed with it for this part of the trip.


From here we strolled down Kalalaua Blvd


And we ended up here...

I love this place... It's full of Aloha  and there was a nice trio performing.







By the way, it was the Elks Club used for the Outrigger Canoe Club in the movie The Descendants.

After dessert and coffee we started our walk back to the Illikai..

I guess I should have taken more pictures of the IMP




No comments:

Post a Comment