Monday, January 27, 2014

Oahu...Day 15 of 18 Spitting Caves, Dole, Waimea Falls

Tuesday, May 22, 2012


Today we went to a friends home on Oahu  with whom we had planned to do a hike, but plans change so he took us to spitting caves instead.  Such a beautiful view!   


Spitting Caves


Spitting Caves



After we left Mike, we headed to Dole Plantation on our way to the North Shore again.  It's def not a must do, but we had plenty of time and we both wanted Dole Whips..... We're huge Disney fans and have them a lot at WDW. 






Now on to one of my favorite places....Waimea Falls  I had called this morning and was told swimming was allowed today.   I love this place  with all the mature growth and it as a waterfall ... what more could I ask for..

I love this place.. I like that I can swim around the falls and it has the feel of  old Hawaii.  


Road back to the falls.. It was longer than I remember 

I love these trees... I think they're Monkey Pods which are like huge umbrellas giving a ton of shade.  They were everywhere.

There's no cliff diving any more, but there's two life guards who show people where to enter and exit the pool safely.




Dinner was here... don't remember what we had or if it was good.  Nice setting though.  

 Back to Turtle Beach on our way home

A couple volunteers were present to educate people regarding the turtles and to make sure they gave the turtles their space

We had to make another stop for Shave Ice... so back to Matsumotos.   Even though I can get it at home, it's just not the same. 




I do not remember what we did after we returned, but I do know it wasn't anything exciting.  We've maintained an early to rise and bed early routine.  It wasn't planned, but it's worked out quite well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment